For Guys | She's Pregnant Now What?
She's Pregnant! Now What?
- She is pregnant, now what?
- Are you financially responsible?
- Maybe she is your girlfriend, maybe she isn’t.
- Both of you have many decisions to make. She must make a decision with or without you.
Although your legal rights are limited, your influence is vitally important.
- Listen - You are both the parents of this unborn child regardless of your relationship status. The more you listen to her, the more likely she will be willing to listen to you.
- Talk about it - Talk with her, with parents, with family, and with those close to you who can help and support you. It may be hard to start the conversation but it is far better than never having it at all. Hiding it will only build tension in an already tense time.
- Find the facts - First! Don't leave questions unanswered. Don't rush your decision-making process. This is one of the most important decisions you will ever make as the decisions you make now will affect you for years (if not the rest of your life). Take a breath and make sure you and your partner in this unplanned pregnancy are exploring all available options.
- Express how you feel - And allow her to do the same. Whether she expresses it or not, she needs your support right now.
- Pressure her - It will only push her away.
- Bail - If you run, you will lose an opportunity to be involved in the decisions and situations that play out.
You Should Know:
* The woman legally has the final say in what happens until the child is born.
* Legally, you are the father. Do not be silent! Discuss your future with her. The law will require you to be financially responsible for the child, regardless of your decision on your involvement. You should understand your rights and responsibilities in the scenarios of parenting, adoption and abortion.
*If you have been sexually active at all YOU need to be tested. STDs can affect your health! It is time for you to take control of your health and get tested. We can help with that. Contact us today.